Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Roomie, New Bike, New Life

Well, it's not a completely new life, but sometimes it feels that way. This past week I got a job at UPS, and started training, and had an interview at Starbucks. I know, it's actually been almost 2 weeks, but can you forgive me this one time? So, this is going to be a little time-line for you about how life has gone.

Work- Has been amazing! My boss Jeff is great (did you ever know UPS is franchised? I didn't....). At one location I've been working with the morning crew Kathy(50's, half asian...i think) and Kelly(early 40's, total soccer mom). I decided I'm going to call Kathy "Edna" because she looks exactly like the little costume maker in The Incredibles.
I work at two locations, one is just under a mile away, and the other is a whopping 3 miles away. I know, I was going to be hardcore and bicycle to work, but then I got given a moped. Did you read that? A family friend down here just up and gave me a moped! So that's been great, it's blue and silver, and one of these days I'll post a picture of me riding it so you all can see how awesome it makes me look. I also get 100/120 miles to the gallon. I filled up Sunday night with $1.90, and I haven't even used a quarter of the tank. Thankyou Jesus!

Living Arrangements

Dawn(the roomie) arrived here on saturday night, late, and we stayed up for a while unpacking, and then she stayed up longer unpacking even more. This week I decided I like her, she's pretty cool. We went to Ikea, and bought a vacuum off a guy for $15 from Craigslist. We made salad, I got her to like snacking on Kalamatta Olives, and I think she might be plotting to try and make me like Walmart. Ugh. I shouldn't even capitalize that name, they don't deserve it. All in all though, it's been good.

I started a group of paintings I'm going to do for the apartment of what we'll call The Solids. C.S. Lewis is finished, and Mother Teresa has began. Coming are Winston Churchill and Einstein, if you have any idea's, please feel free to contribute. They're all black and white portraits. So, I'm excited for that. And we're planning on painting a tree on one wall, and leaves on the wall under the bar in the kitchen. But that will probably be later.

Word and Church

I've finished 2 Peter and James this week. James 1...
19...Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because our anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral flith and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which CAN save you. 22 DO NOT MERELY LISTEN TO THE WORD, AND SO DECEIVE YOURSELVES. DO WHAT IT SAYS....25Those who look intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continue in it- not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it- they will be blessed in what they do.

My prayer is that as the church we find ways to better ourselves and help the bride become pure. I'm not saying that we're perfect, I'm saying that we are blemished. The prayer is that instead of merely realizing that there is something off in the way that we function as a church, in word or in deed, that we find and utilize the remedy. That we encourage eachother not only to deep thoughts, or being different, but that we encourage eachother to restoration, to being revolutionary in the way that we live, and towards living as Christ intended. I pray that when we speak to eachother and to the world we speak with truth, love, and passion.

As a church this week, we're nearing the realization of a few things, which is exciting. There's a new possibility of a building, that I'll share when it's worked out. Bonnie Ruth, Teresa, and I worked on gift baskets this week for area fire and police departments. It's amazing the reaction we've gotten when we dedicate TIME to the community, not just cut a check. It's caring, hands on. And as spiro weird I think this sounds, it's amazing how many doors are opening, relationships unfolding, and just unexplainable favor that we're seeing.

To those of you who have written me letters, or messages on facebook, or tagged me in your notes, Thankyou. I love knowing what's happening, and being included in what's going on within all of you; struggles, thoughts, and dreams. Love ya's!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading these posts, hahaha! They make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Question.
    1) Do you have an awesome brown UPS uniform to wear on the moped?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorsten- No, I'm waiting til I get my own shiny brown truck...
    It would be a dream come true

    ReplyDelete